Fluids

Fluids

calculate UDS only on a initialized flow field possible?

• schwaral
      Subscriber
      Hi,nI want to solve an UDS in my domain. But I do not want to solve the flow field. I want to initialise the flow field for every timestep and then only calculate the UDS for one timestep (not NS-Eq).nnIs this even possible or is the solving of an UDS automatically coupled to multiple Iterations for solving u,v,w components.nnI want to do so, because my UDS has no influence on my flow field components u,v,w and it is very time consuming to calculate this behavior coupled.n
    • Konstantine Kourbatski
      Ansys Employee
      In Solution Controls, under equations, you can uncheck all the equations but UDS, and this will solve the UDS on the frozen field.n
    • schwaral
      Subscriber
      Thanks a lot. That was too easy :DNow I want to initialize or patch the flow field (velocity field) before every timestep. In my simplified 1D case I used the patch command. However in my 3D case I do not have the same velocity-value in every cell anymore. I want something like loading the velocity field from a already solved case with same grid. I think I can use in patch only a value or fieldfunction, but not load a presolved field.I tried also to export and import the Profile for velcoity magn. When I import the profile, all velocity-vales are 0. nDo you have any idea?n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Profile is for boundaries. You want to read up on Interpolation files. n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.