April 24, 2021 at 9:01 amdhruvdeshwal17SubscriberI have modelled an eddy current damper, done its transient analysis. I got the various results , but keen interest is to calculated the damping force and damping coefficient associated with the dampers. Please suggest the procedure to calculated the same.nEddy Current dampers ( Basic Working) - In general ECD consist of a conducting plate and a magnet, which are placed adjacent to each other with a certain gap. A velocity (supposed) is given to the plate and the magnet remains stationary. So, as the plate move, the plate will see a change in a magnetic field by which eddy current will be generated in the plate and due to this current a magnetic field will be generated of opposite polarity as that of the magnet. Due to this generated magnetic field, the magnet experiences a force which is the damping force (In this case). n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the Lorentz Force, Damping Force and Damping coefficient in 3D transient Analysis
- How to decide “time at the end of load step” for a transient analysis.?
- Return loss and Reflection Coefficient
- Difference between directivity and gain
- Maxwell: variables in material definition
- Designing an electromagnet simulation to calculate the magnetic flux density.
- * Error* there is at least 1 small equation solver pivot term (eg. VOLT DOF of node 575)
- Cogging torque
- B-H Curve Interpolation