September 13, 2023 at 4:40 pmpaul_pintoSubscriber
I am trying to calculate the laminar flame speed for a SI engine using Chemkin Pro (version 2022 V2). I'm a SI engine closed reactor (this can be simulated as the one I have in my lab), but I can not find the variable (the laminar flame speed) in my results. I'm aware that there is a flame speed calculator, but I don't want to use a freely propagating flame. The spark ignition part is really important for my further study.
Thanks in advance
September 20, 2023 at 3:38 pmJudy CooperAnsys Employee
Only the flamespeed calculators will offer flame speed as a variable. There are several types of flames. The premixed laminar flame speed library or calculator are the most appropriate, depending on whether you need a range of flamespeeds for different mixture fractions, or a single value for a premixed calculation.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.