Fluids

Fluids

calculation activities and post cfd plots

• designteam2
      Subscriber

I attached an image below to reference what i am asking. 

In calculation activities you are allowed to choose variables that you want to export. When added those variables, in post CFD when choosing what variables I wanted to plot I didn't see all the variables I chose earlier. How do you ensure that all the variables that you choose to export is available in post CFD? So far I have just been exporting as a CDAT file in calculation activities and then post cfd opens to the most recent cdat file saved. 

• raul.raghav
      Subscriber

Can you mention which variables do not appear in CFD-Post on export from Fluent?

• designteam2
      Subscriber

Variables that do not appear : Absolute pressure of the mixture, DPM velocity magnitude, DPM volume fraction, DPM y velocity. 

Particle tracking export variables that do not appear: particle velocity magnitude, particle reynolds number, particle current time. 

Additional Question: What is the difference between DPM and phase 2 (which is the discrete phase). 

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Are you doing a sort of dense discrete phase simulation (DDPM)?

Can you double-check if you have really selected the variables you mentioned for the cdat export? Which version are you using?

• designteam2
      Subscriber

Yes it is a DDPM. We double checked and all the variables we wanted to export from calculation activities are cdat. It is a student version 19.2. 

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

did you select variables to export before running?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.