December 27, 2022 at 8:08 pmjavat33489Subscriber
When considering sustainability.
- The first calculation is static,
- then the data is transferred to the stability calculation module
- in the third step, the data from the stability module is transferred again to the static module for verification.
Tell me plase. If at the first stage there were two parts (one inside and one outside), one part was not affected, then it is not transferred to the stability module and then it cannot be used further in the calculations. I need this part to stay further, so that after I get the deformed inner part, I can load it again and it interacts with the second outer part. For example, these are two pipes, one inside the other. I check the inner tube for stability, compress it. Then I get a deformed state after the stability modulus and I want to squeeze it again so that it starts touching the outer tube. How to leave both details in all calculations? I used the outer pipe as a rigid body, maybe this is the problem?
December 27, 2022 at 9:55 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
In your first sentence, I think you mean stability, not sustainability. It's better to use the terms Ansys uses, which is Eigenvalue Buckling.
It seems simple to change the outer pipe to flexible to see if that fixes your problem. Do that and let us know.
February 1, 2023 at 5:50 pmjavat33489Subscriber
Yes, I made two bodies deformable and both pipes appeared as I wanted. But now I have new problems. I divided them into two sections.
- I pass the deformed value of the inner tube from the buckling module to the static analysis to load it and it bends inside the outer tube like a string and rests against the walls of the outer tube. But when I load the inner tube, nothing happens even more than the loss of stabilization, the tube simply shrinks along the axis. Although I transferred the deformed state of the pipe with static analysis. Here are the screenshots
2. Then I tried to make the inner tube shrink inside the other tube like a string, I pressed it in the middle against the other tube, and then pressed along the axis. But here's the problem, there is no contact between the pipes, they pass through each other. I tried all the methods including touch control, also I changed the pinball radius, nothing helps. Here are the screenshots
Help me please.
I have attached the project for the second problem.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.