August 9, 2019 at 8:04 amPattiSubscriber
I got test data from a creep test (Creep Stress, Creep Strain, Isochronous Stress-Strain-Diagramm, Creep Moduls).
Now, I am trying to fit these data to a suitable creep equation, using Creep Curve Fitting with ANSYS MAPDL to generate necessary coefficients.
Most of the creep models require the Creep Strain Rate. Actually I don't know how to get these Information, maybe someone can give me a tip?
Thanks in advance.
August 9, 2019 at 12:25 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
In this post, I show the Norton equation for creep strain rate, which is an output, not an input.
April 2, 2020 at 6:39 pmgopikrishnaSubscriber
sir, can you please explain how to find the creep constants for norton model in ansys
April 2, 2020 at 11:50 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Setup an experiment in the lab with a physical sample with known sample geometry (cross-section and length), and a known load, then with precision instrumentation, track the change in length vs. time. Fit the creep model to this experimental data and you will get the creep constants.
ANSYS provides curve fitting software that takes the experimental data and does the nonlinear curve fitting of the model to the data to provide the creep constants.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.