Fluids

Fluids

Calculation Time as Output Parameter

• Niclas Rohde
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am currently writing my master's thesis and am investigating, among other things, the effects of network parameter changes on the computing time and quality of the results in a plastic melt.
      Is there a way to define the total calculation time as an output parameter?
      I would like to start an optimisation that varies, for example, the element size and thus the number of elements. The calculation time would be a good quality criterion to find an optimum.
      Thank you very much.

Regards Nic

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

If you require that information as output parameter then probably you will to write a small Scheme or Python code to extract that out of (in the ribbon) Time->Usage.

• Niclas Rohde
      Subscriber

The parameter I'm interested in is "Wall Clock-Time". So am I able to add my own code to ANSYS? Or is there a developer menu like e.g. Excel VBA?

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

You need to write a scheme routine to extract that information and put it into a parameter. 

I think it is better to write a C routine like DEFINE_ADJUST / DEFINE_REPORT_DEFINITION_FN where you can track the time required and store that in output parameter.

Or you in Journal/Scheme you create a first placeholder for time, you run you create a second helper to store end time and then do end-time - start-time and put that in a scheme driven output parameter. The User's Guide does provide insights on how to define Scheme driven Output Parameters.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.