March 25, 2022 at 3:18 amkiki1Subscriber
topic: Calculation time rationality consultation
key words: solidification&melting model, calculation time estimation
grid size(cells): 6000~7000
general set: transient calculation
Models: solidification&melting ,consider gravity, and use the Boussinesq approximation to deal with convection phenomena
solution methods: system default
Time step set:
Time stepping method: Adaptive
Max Iterations/Time step: 50
reporting interval、profile update interval: 50
Computing resources: CPU: 4-core intel(R)core(TM) i5-9500 [email protected] RAM：8GB
Pre-calculation: It takes 3 days to simulate 5000s.
1. The target is simulated for 3 days (259200s). According to the previous simulation time, if the calculation speed remains unchanged, the calculation is expected to be completed in a total of 155.52 days. Is this reasonable? If not, what is the problem?
2. If the time is reasonable, how to speed up the calculation?March 25, 2022 at 11:21 amRobAnsys EmployeeIt's not a bad first estimate. With 7k cells use 1-2 cores, as I suspect the data passing is going to outweigh the benefit of more compute. Check the solution time scales: time step is determined by the flow (or other scalar) speed and cell size.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.