General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Campbell diagram troubleshooting

• ah05085
      Subscriber

Hello all,

I’m having difficulty with getting critical speed data for the Campbell diagram. My specific problem is configuring the load step files to run the simulation. The warnings I have say more than 1 load step is needed, as well as needing to run modal analysis with several rotational velocity load steps to conduct the Campbell diagram. After looking through some help pdfs (1,2,3) I haven’t seen anything about adjusting the load step files or where they’re called in the script. From what I’ve read I’m supposed to use the command omega, but I’m not sure how this calls my load step files.

1)Basic Analysis Guide>Chapter 3: Loading

2) Rotordynamic Analysis Guide> 6.7. Campbell Diagram

3)Rotordynamic Analysis Guide> 7.8. Example: Critical Speed Map Generation

• 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      Have a look at this example from the Rotordynamics Analysis Guide - 7.1. Example: Campbell Diagram Analysis of a Simply Supported Beam. The command 'omega, 0' and 'omega, 30000' are the 2 rotational velocity load steps that are defined. You don't need to 'adjust' any load step file.
      Regards Ishan.
    • ah05085
      Subscriber
      Thanks! I had another quick question. What about when solved in 7.8. Example: Critical Speed Map Generation. Are the load steps created within ARG6-7 macros?
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.