Fluids

Fluids

Can all species/reaction solution parameters be accessed and written to a file using a UDF?

• tpatter15
      Subscriber

I have a laminar species transport simulation with volumetric reactions taking place. At the end of the simulation I need to export a decent list (30+ items) of solution parameters to a file for additional post-processing outside FLUENT.

I have a compiled UDF that can be run on demand to export standard solution parameters (vel, temp, mass frac, etc.) to a text file. I want to also export other model-specific parameters (net reaction rate, species concentration, etc.) which are available using the standard GUI to export solution data, but I cannot figure out how to call these parameters into the UDF.

Is there a way to call other species/reaction parameters into a UDF and save them? Or am I stuck using the GUI to select these additional items for export?

• Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello:
      The fastest way to move forward with your work, in my opinion, would be to set this up in the GUI and use a journal file to export the variables of interest. You can run this journal file whenever you wish to export these variables.
      Karthik
    • tpatter15
      Subscriber
      Karthik Thanks for the quick response. I recorded a journal file and tested it out - this provides exactly what I was looking for and saves me time.

Cheers.
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Awesome! Good luck with your work!
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.