March 8, 2022 at 9:32 amGasparMoralSubscriber
So that is basically the question. If I adjust the parameters in the machine part, is that performing a valid simulation?
I am asking that because I need to obtain the grain fromation and porosity in a DED simulationMarch 9, 2022 at 9:25 pmJohn DoyleAnsys EmployeeIn R2021-R1 and R2021-R2, you can use the AMTYPE command in a command object to simulate DED. See Section 6.3 in R2021-R1 Additive Manufacturing Analysis Guide (copied below) for details about what the assumptions are.
They have made some enhancements at R2022-R1 (beta) and R2022-R2 to include a dedicated DED wizard to more realistically capture the lazer path and material deposition (with element clustering feature) in a DED simulation. It is still very much a work in progress.
March 9, 2022 at 10:27 pmOctober 14, 2022 at 7:53 pmsai123leshSubscriber
How can i Simulate LPBF?Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.