March 8, 2021 at 9:16 amabdallaSubscriberDear StaffnPlease tell me :nCan Ansys Workbench consider the PINCHING effect during modeling concrete shear wall under CYCLIC loading?n
March 9, 2021 at 6:22 pmKaiAnsys EmployeeHi, pinching effect is not considered in general purpose FEA software such as Ansys.n
March 10, 2021 at 7:50 amErik KostsonAnsys EmployeeHinnAlso our recommended material models for concrete (Menetrey-Willam, or DP, ...) are missing in their formulation important complex effects (e.g., unilateral effects) that can be present and that can be important for cyclic loading. Just something to be aware of alsonnErikn
March 20, 2021 at 8:22 amabdallaSubscriberOK, to get accurate results and consdier pinching effect of cyclic loading, I ask you can the user insert the Mandery concrete model as APDL commands into workbench?nThanksn
March 20, 2021 at 8:22 amabdallaSubscribern
August 22, 2022 at 10:22 pmhossam.moustafa4655Subscriber
Did any one overcame that problem ? If Ansys can not consider pinching effect , How can I model such models with acceptable accuracy ?
September 15, 2022 at 4:53 pmabdallaSubscriber
I think that Solid 65 only can get the Pinching effect with high accuarcy because it contains the shear reduction feature.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.