General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Can Ansys Workbench consider the PINCHING effect during modeling concrete shear wall under CYCLIC ?

• abdalla
      Subscriber
      Dear StaffnPlease tell me :nCan Ansys Workbench consider the PINCHING effect during modeling concrete shear wall under CYCLIC loading?n
    • Kai
      Ansys Employee
      Hi, pinching effect is not considered in general purpose FEA software such as Ansys.n
    • Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee
      HinnAlso our recommended material models for concrete (Menetrey-Willam, or DP, ...) are missing in their formulation important complex effects (e.g., unilateral effects) that can be present and that can be important for cyclic loading. Just something to be aware of alsonnErikn
    • abdalla
      Subscriber
      OK, to get accurate results and consdier pinching effect of cyclic loading, I ask you can the user insert the Mandery concrete model as APDL commands into workbench?nThanksn
    • abdalla
      Subscriber
      n
    • hossam.moustafa4655
      Subscriber

Did any one overcame that problem ? If Ansys can not consider pinching effect , How can I model such models with acceptable accuracy ?

• abdalla
      Subscriber

I think that Solid 65 only can get the Pinching effect with high accuarcy because it contains the shear reduction feature.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.