December 5, 2019 at 7:32 amfahriSubscriber
I am trying to solve the mechanism of tectonic fault using ANSYS. Also I am a new user in FEM and ANSYS. I have displacements at some nodes. The software do extrapolate displacements from some nodes to all nodes but I want to change the extrapolation method. However I couldn't figure out how to do this. Can you help me, please?
Thank You very much.
December 5, 2019 at 12:46 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
The extrapolation from nodes with enforced displacement to surrounding nodes depends on the material model. If you have a linear elastic material, you will get one solution on the surrounding nodes, if you add plasticity to the material model, you will get a different solution on the surrounding nodes. There are other material models that have different properties than plasticity. Open the Engineering Data cell in the model and look at the materials under the Geomechanical category. Some of those are specifically formulated to model soil or rock.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.