Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Can I do a facesplit on a fluid volume?

• El_Manguangua
      Subscriber

I am studying a fluid-solid interaction between the air (fluid) and an aircraft wing (solid). Since Spaceclaim is not really working out for me (long story), I am using Design Modeler, and "Shared topology" is not really great quality in design modeler, I am using face split to properly mesh contacts and not have an excessive number of elements while meshing, and this makes perfect sense for me for the solid parts of the system, but, can I do the same with the fluid? I'm attaching a picture of the skin of the wing, which outer faces are the fluid-solid interface for the solid.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      You can use tools - face split option in DM.
      Please go through help manual for more details
      Regards Keyur
      How to access Ansys Online Help Document
      Guidelines on the Student Community

• El_Manguangua
      Subscriber
      Hi kkanade, thank you for your answer.
      I wasn't asking if Design Modeler would let use face split in a fluid, I meant that, if I indeed use face split in a fluid body, would it somehow affect the physics of the problem?.
      Since air is flowing, does ANSYS consider the fluid volume as an actual volume that the fluid is occupying, or does it consider ita physical space in which the fluid is flowing? If it is the second one, then there should not be any problem with using face split on a Fluid domain.
      Did I make my question clear?
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      Fluent will consider the body you created for fluid in DM or SpaceClaim and meshed in meshing.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.