February 18, 2022 at 4:08 pmSara91Subscriber
I want to have a very fine mesh at the interface between two different materials. However, this interface is not just a flat horizontal surface, it has a pyramidal shape (image below). Is there a way to do a fine mesh only at the interface between the silicon (red) and material on top without having to do a square mesh encompassing the whole width of the simulation region?February 18, 2022 at 7:34 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeLumerical FDTD and most FDTD software are based on rectangular meshing :Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD Solutions: its use and settings
Therefore it cannot apply local finer mesh that is not aligned with the axes.
If you want, please try DGTD, which is a Finite-Element based mesh, and can handle such local finer mesh properly. Introduction to DGTD - DGTD Solver Physics
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.