LS Dyna

LS Dyna

Can i get the value of impact energy in Explicit Dynamics ?

• charlieoscarpapa_
      Subscriber

I need any kind of measurement that can be evaluated as a results after impact. Either the value of Impact Energy, minimum & maximum value of Absorption Energy, Velocity value before & after impact or anything that can be use as a results for impact energy.

• Akshay Maniyar
      Ansys Employee

You can right-click on the solution andInsert>Deformation>Total VelocityorDirectional Velocity. You can scope it to the body as needed.
      I have given drop height as 500 mm, that means impact velocity will be 3131 mm/s. If you plot total velocity as described above you will get velocity after impact also.(shown in 2nd image)
      regards amaniyar
    • charlieoscarpapa_
      Subscriber

There are too many different values shown in the results. which one is the value of velocity after impact ? *p/s : my initial velocity is 35.357m/s so supposed to be maximum velocity is 35.357m/s as well right ? so which one is the minimum value to show the velocity after impact ? or should i take the average value in the table ? I'm looking forward for your consult, tq.

• Akshay Maniyar
      Ansys Employee

If you have scoped it to a body that means it is a bunch of nodes and it would always pick a min, max and average them out. The scope can be all bodies, one body, one face, one edge or one vertex. If you scope one vertex there is a single value for max, min and average.
      Generally we consider average value.
      regards amaniyar
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.