June 5, 2021 at 6:01 pmFuxxSubscriber
Hi dear Ansys learners and experts,
I wonder if it is possible to run a script (Python API) before each solve? Probably my approaches are very poor and there are better ways to solve the problem but it is as follows:
Using Workbench parameters and a script in SpaceClaim, I create geometries from several parts. Parts are added and removed, so the mesh/material/contact conditions have to be adjusted each time.This can be done comfortably via python scripts, but it is still manual. If I want to use the power of the parameter set, the manual option is no longer available.
I look forward to your feedback.
FerdiJune 8, 2021 at 10:45 amAniketAnsys EmployeeCan you please explain your query in some more details, Running script before each DP would basically change the DP, and hence each DP would have to be solved again, manually. If your geometry is parametric in SpaceClaim and all you need is to add or remove parts, probably you can use a command snippet based element birth death commands to kill the elements of the parts that you want to remove.
How to access Ansys help links
Guidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forum
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.