Fluids

Fluids

can i use a previously data obtained in an analysis as a initial condition?

• Maurok13
      Subscriber
      hallo, everyone!ni'm begginer in CFD, and i'm using Fluent, i have to simulate a Water Jet Impingement on a normal wall so... firt of all, i want to know if is possibile or convenient to make a first analysis of a pipe nozzle water to have a total deveopment flow and put this results as a initial conditions in my water jet analysis, can anyone recommend me something to do? naslo... ist convenient to carry out a transient analysis according to the physic of the problem not?nThanks a lot !n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hi,nYes, this is the correct approach. You can run a streamline-periodic simulation on a small length of your pipe to obtain the fully developed flow solution. You could write the final steady state solution as a profile file, read these profiles into your impinging jet simulation for the inlet condition. This should give you the correct starting conditions.nAlso, there is an excellent tutorial on Impinging Jet case in our Ansys Innovation Course (in case you were not aware). Please feel free to download the files and learn how to set up this problem. Here is the linknThere are other examples which will teach you how to set-up simulations on Ansys Fluent. Please feel free to check them out and enroll in these courses.nI hope this helps.nThanks.nKarthikn
    • Maurok13
      Subscriber
      thank so much! i will try right now!n
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.