General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Can low-speed Orthogonal cutting analysis be implemented with Autodyn transient structural?

• HinI'm a student who recently started studying analysis.nI'd like to proceed with Orthogonal cutting with Micro scale.nI want to cutting the micro-sclae workpiece at a velocity 1?m/s.nI've been using Autodyn Explicit dynamic, but I think it's not appropriate because it takes infinite time to interpret.nInstead of Explicit dynamics, can low-speed cutting analysis be implemented with Autodyn transient structural?nIf I can implement it, I would like to know how.n1) When cutting, can the nodes of the workpiece where the tool comes into contact with the workpiece be separated?.
    • Chris Quan
      Ansys Employee
      You need to use Velocity Scaling to increase the cutting speed in the simulation. Otherwise the running time of Explicit Dynamics analysis will be very long.nMaterial failure model needs to be added to the material in Engineering Data and erosion model needs to be activated in Erosion Controls under Analysis Settings in Explicit Dynamics system. This will have the workpiece material failed under the impact force from the cutting tool and then removed (eroded) from the cutting area.nn
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.