March 24, 2021 at 8:19 amHinI'm a student who recently started studying analysis.nI'd like to proceed with Orthogonal cutting with Micro scale.nI want to cutting the micro-sclae workpiece at a velocity 1?m/s.nI've been using Autodyn Explicit dynamic, but I think it's not appropriate because it takes infinite time to interpret.nInstead of Explicit dynamics, can low-speed cutting analysis be implemented with Autodyn transient structural?nIf I can implement it, I would like to know how.n1) When cutting, can the nodes of the workpiece where the tool comes into contact with the workpiece be separated?.
March 25, 2021 at 4:51 pmChris QuanAnsys EmployeeYou need to use Velocity Scaling to increase the cutting speed in the simulation. Otherwise the running time of Explicit Dynamics analysis will be very long.nMaterial failure model needs to be added to the material in Engineering Data and erosion model needs to be activated in Erosion Controls under Analysis Settings in Explicit Dynamics system. This will have the workpiece material failed under the impact force from the cutting tool and then removed (eroded) from the cutting area.nn
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.