Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Can not open the link

• Astronics
      Subscriber

I cannot open the link of downloading ansys19,.I'm at China...Can ANSYS tell Chinese gov to release that website, thanks!

• pgl
      Ansys Employee

Hi Astronics,

Thanks for pointing this out.   

Can you help us diagnose this? First, I want to understand if the download itself blocked from within China, or some of  download page steps? 

1. Can you open this link: https://www.ansys.com/academic/free-student-products

2. If you can open that link, can you see and click the "ANSYS Student "click here"?

3. If yes,  do you see the "Download ANSYS Student 19.2" button?

4. If yes, do you see the click-wrap pop up (see below image), and what happens when you click: "Agree and Download"

5. Make sure that you have any popup blocker disabled for the download manager to function. 

Please report back on your findings. 

• Astronics
      Subscriber

Thank you! Actually such problem may just happens in the Microsoft Edge browser, when I clicked the "Download Free Software" in our home page, the Edge cannot reach that page but chrome browser could(I tried). I think this may have something to do with the url link in this picture, I clicked the bottom and my edge lead me. That's all I have at present. Thank you, and I solved .

• pgl
      Ansys Employee

Hi Astronics,

I'm very glad that  it was a browser problem and that you have solved it!   

I was also thinking that if you have a pop-up blocker active, you will need to disable it for our student download pages, otherwise the click-wrap and down-loader windows will be blocked. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.