October 6, 2020 at 2:05 amSEANGHAISubscriberHello! I want to apply surface traction between Concrete and rebar in ANSYS Structure, Is it possible?nThank you in advanced! I will appreciate all your advices and guides!n
October 20, 2020 at 2:21 pmJohn DoyleAnsys EmployeeIf by surface traction you mean discrete sticking and sliding behavior between rebar and concrete, you cannot model this behavior with mesh independent reinforcement as described in Mechanical Users Guide=> Special Topics=> Reinforcement Specification Methods using Mesh Independent Methods. See online docs for more details of load condition specifications, post processing and limitations.https://ansysproducthelpqa.win.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v202/en/wb_sim/ds_reinforcement.html%23ds_rein_PostnIf you model the rebar discretely as solid body separate from the concrete, this could be possible using surface to surface contact and CZM material specifications at the interface, but might not be very practical.n
October 25, 2020 at 6:20 amSEANGHAISubscriberThank you!n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.