September 17, 2020 at 4:28 pmskdubeySubscriber
I have imported my geometry from solid-work and was trying to create the volume extract for fluid. Unfortunately I came to know that the geometry I was interested was not hollow but have solid interior. I want to make hollow space I am not sure, How can I fix the problem in space-claim? Is there any way to do in space-claim. Shape is shown below its L-shape component.September 18, 2020 at 6:03 pmHuiLiuAnsys EmployeeAre you trying to extract the internal fluid which has the L shape pipe, that connects to the cone shape and big cylindrical shape? Do you have cavity in all other parts but the L-shape pipe? Could you try detach the two end circular faces of the L-shape, which will probably convert that solid L pipe into surface. Then you can stitch this surface to the rest of the structure, and do a volume extraction. If this doesn't work, you can probably grab all the interior surfaces, including the cylindrical faces on the L-shape pipe, copy and paste them into surface bodies, stitch, then patch the ends with missing face tool.nViewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.