General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Can we pause the interpretation, turn off the computer, and proceed again?

• kimdonghuun
      Subscriber

Hello, teachers! I'll give you some questions.

Is it possible to pause during interpretation and continue the interpretation?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      In nonlinear solution sequence with multiple substeps, you can pause during the solution process after a converged substep and look at some results, then continue the analysis from the last converged substep. You must make an edit under Analysis Settings to tell it to continue from the last substep, otherwise it will start again from 0.
      If you save your Workbench project before you turn off the computer, after you paused the solution, you can continue the solution after you turn on your computer.
      After the solution has finished, you should save the project and you can open the results after turning off the computer.
    • kimdonghuun
      Subscriber
      Thank you, teacher!
      Thanks to you, my worries were solved!
    • kimdonghuun
      Subscriber
      I have a question.
      I made this change in restart controls, but it doesn't start and starts again.
      Can you explain it in more detail?
      (I found other posts at the forum, but it won't proceed.)
      (The picture has not been uploaded, so I upload it as a file.)
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      Set Restart as shown. Your Current Restart Point is the last one on the pull down list. Then click Solve.
    • kimdonghuun
      Subscriber
      Thank you! Thanks to you, it was solved well!
      I'm sorry, but I'd like to ask you one more question.
      After the solution is completed, can you continue from the point of completion?
      For example, after the transient analysis is completed with 10 steps, the total number of steps is increased to 15, so can we continue from the 10th step?
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      You have to set Retain Files After Full Solve to Yes before the solve finishes.
      Then you can add another step and change the loads in that new step. If you simulated 10 seconds in 10 steps, and want to change the End TIme to 15 seconds, you don't need 5 more steps to do that, you can set the End Time for Step 11 at 15 seconds.
    • kimdonghuun
      Subscriber
      Teacher, I'm sorry, but can you explain it in more detail?
      After I save it before the solver is completed, add steps after it is completed, and adjust the added steps time, the solver proceeds from the beginning again.
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      Set Retain Files After Full Solve to Yes.
      Let's say you have a Force load and two load steps defined. Step 2 ends at 2 seconds. The Tabular data for the force shows step 1 is 1 lbf, step 2 is 2 lbf.
      You solve, it completes the two steps and the end time is at 2 seconds.
      You can add Step 3, End Time is 3 seconds.
      Edit the Force load and in the tabular data, on the last row at 3 seconds, type 3 lbs.
      Use this pull down under Analysis Settings to select Load Step 2 as the restart point.
      Hit the Solve button. It will start at the end of Step 2 and compute Step 3.
      If you want more detailed information, you have to provide your specific example and tell me step-by-step what you did.
    • zzzzz146
      Subscriber
      can i do that in rigid dynamics, i cant find that option as RESTART ANALYSIS. i am using 2020R2
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      I don't know. I don't have 2020R2 available now.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.