June 16, 2022 at 4:53 pmmarhark92SubscriberI conducted FEA on burial fish skulls, and I gotten the vector principal stress results. I was wondering if I were to section plane, does ANSYS have a function where I can determine the resultant force between tensile and compressive at a specific cross section? Thanks!
June 19, 2022 at 6:22 amSean HarveyAnsys EmployeeHello @mmart261,
Not sure this completely satisfies what you wish but try this.
- Insert a coordinate system with xy plane original and orientation of the plane
- Right click on model in the tree, and insert construction geometry > surface
- In analysis settings > output controls turn on nodal forces to yes. You will need to resolve your model.
- In the solution branch, insert a probe > force reaction and set the location method to surface and for surface, select the surface you just created in step 2.
- Now evaluate the results and Mechanical will compute the force and moment balance at the surface (section). It uses forces from one side or the other of the surface and you have the option to change that. I
Please try and see if that works for you.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Colors and Mesh Display
- User manual
- material damping and modal analysis
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.