May 17, 2022 at 6:27 pmzdfrankmanSubscriber
I tried to use a mesh inflation on a duct inlet and also on the walls of the duct, hoping this would give me a very fine mesh at the inlet. However, Meshing gives a failure method.
Is there any way to mesh two perpendicular walls such that it is inflated from both directions?May 17, 2022 at 7:54 pmNikhil NaraleAnsys EmployeeHello,
What is the error? Can you post the screenshot in your comment?
Also, can you show some illustration of what exactly you mean by the question in the last line?
May 18, 2022 at 11:46 ampeteroznewmanSubscriberPut a small blend radius in the corner between the two walls. Inflation elements can mesh around that corner more easily than a sharp corner.
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- check element type
- The mesh file exporter could not resolve cyclic dependencies in overlapping contact regions error
- execution error inside the mesher. The process suffered an unhandled exception or ran out of memory
- Conformal vs Non-Conformal Mesh
- inflation created stairstep mesh at some location
- Error in meshing
- Meshing Error
- How to resolve Mesh Failure
- How to get three elements across the wall thickness of a thin part
- Meaning of the symbol crossed out tick mark on a body in the tree outline indicate in Meshing
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.