General Mechanical

General Mechanical

“CANNOT CHANGE NUMBER OF VARIABLES WITH DATA STORED” APDL

• dpszenny
      Subscriber

Hello,

While writing and testing APDL script I have encountered an error:

" NVAR (11) cannot be greater than NV (10), input on the NUMVAR command.   The ANSOL command is ignored. "

Then I tried to change to NVAR value by "NVAR, 20" commands, another error popped out:

" Cannot change number of variables with data stored. The NUMVAR command is ignored.   "

The student limitation, perhaps? I couldn't find a proper students version limitations description. No additional error in the log.

• BenjaminStarling
      Subscriber
      as per the help page for this command, the NUMVAR command specified how many vairables can be stored in POST26. The first error is occuring because you are trying to store or retreive the 11th variable which is greater than the default 10. Because you are trying to use data in POST26 I can assume/infer that data has already been stored and you have done some work in POST26. This is the second error, which states once you have stored data, the total number of variables cannot be changed.
      You need to define NUMVAR before doing any work in POST26 if you plan on using a different number of variables to the default 10. If you are using input files, you can just have the first of lines of code be the following, 200 being the max.
      /POST26
      NUMVAR,200
      ´╗┐/PREP7
    • dpszenny
      Subscriber
      Thank you Sir :)
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.