LS Dyna

LS Dyna

Cannot find the solution in explicit dynamics.

• OmkarE11
      Subscriber
      I am trying simulation of impact of a cricket ball on a bat. I carried out the simulations with materials I added in a different materials library. But when I try to solve it shows an error 'Solver initialization error - see log file for more details'. When I do it with structural steel as the material it works fine. Please help.n
    • 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      ,nCould you click on solution information and tell what you see. You may want to check this out https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/22268/solver-initialization-error.It might be a a material element compatibility issue. What material are you using?nRegards,nIshan.n
    • OmkarE11
      Subscriber
      I created and added new material defining it by the viscoelastic and other properties. If not explicit dynamics will it work if I try transient structural analysis? n
    • OmkarE11
      Subscriber
      The material for the ball has long term shear modulus. I am unable to find it while adding in properties of the material. I found rest of the properties which include density, bulk modulus, instantaneous shear modulus and decay constant. Please help.n
    • ramgopisetti
      Subscriber
      lets break this in simple terms, The ball is usually an rubber material , which means there are models such as Odgen,Mooney-Rivlin . Yeoh, Arruda-Boyce model or any hyper elastic material will do, the following is the sample response recreated with your initial idea.npost down what exactly the material model you want to employ for further help.nRamn
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.