Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Cannot grab a 2021 R1 license on local machine

• DougB
      Subscriber
      I recently setup the 2021 R1 license manager on a server machine, and can run workbench and mechanical on that machine while showing that I am using a license. However, on a local machine I cannot seem to grab a license or set my user license preferences so I cannot setup or run projects. The ports on the server machine are open, and I can test the connection without issue. I can't seem to run the required licensing utility, I get this error when trying to set user preferences:nFailed to run: C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v211\licensingclient\winx64\ansysli_util.exen
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      The Client ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility is not included with 2021R1 and license preferences have essentially been removed. Are you able to test all 3 licensing ports, for ansyslmd, lmgrd and ansysli_server? For 2021R1 you now must have the ansyslmd port open as products work with straight flex communications. You may need to set ansyslmd to run on a static port. You can do this by adding PORT=XXXXX to the VENDOR line of the license file and then restart the license server.nExample, to set to port 1056, and then open port 1056 on the firewall.nVENDOR ansyslmd PORT=1056nnPlease share screenshots of the license errors you encounter after these changes.n
    • DougB
      Subscriber
      Okay, thanks. I'll open up that port and see what happens.n
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.