Fluids

Fluids

Cannot import my exported case and data in fluent

• PEMFC_Modler
      Subscriber

Hello guys,

My supervisor gave me a Fluent model consisting of a Workbench file + the required files to open the workbench file.

I can open the fluent model and even run the simulation locally on my pc without any problems.

After the simulation is finished, I export my case and data in the GUI via file/export/case & data. There are no errors shown in the console while exporting.

But when I want to import these case & data files into fluent I get mutiple warnings/errors which I cannot solve. Maybe you know an answer?

I tried to show you the occuring errors in the pictures. If there are any questions feel free to ask.

First Error:

• Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello Are you trying to open these files in Fluent as a standalone run or in Workbench?
      When you transferred the files from your supervisor, did you archive the Workbench project? If not, could you please do so? To archive: open the project on your supervisor's computer in Workbench, File -> Archive. This will create a .wbpz file. Try to transfer this file and open in WB across different computers.
      I hope this helps.
      Karthik
    • PEMFC_Modler
      Subscriber
      Hi thanks for your answer.
      From my supervisor I recieved a .wbpj and a folder with the according files. So I got the Workbench project. Is there a difference between .wbpj and .wbpz?

Jens

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      wbpj is an index file (sort of) for the folder. wbpz is the archive of the wbpj and folder which is a much safer way of moving files.
      Your error is that you didn't copy the .c file out of the folder into wherever you put the case and data files before compiling it.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.