Electronics

Electronics

Cannot launch remote solve, identification error

• bastpg
      Subscriber

Hi -- I am trying to solve an HFSS project on a server. I go to  Tools > Options > HPC and Analysis Options and set my computer information there, as I have done dozens of times before. But I get this error:  "Unable to start COM engine on 'deepbrain.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu' due to authentication failure of the specified user".

I have set the proper identification information in Tools > Options > General Options > General > Remote Analysis. This ID and password work, I have checked many times. Below is a question from my IT person:

"A question for their support is what process they are using to do authentication.  If they are not using PAM (or something that ultimately uses PAM) then it is not going to work.  I see nothing in the PAM log of a authentication attempt at 14:29"

Does anyone have an ID about this?

Thanks  -- Bastien

• asamaiyar
      Subscriber

Allow all communications from TCP port 32958 and you probably wont need any authentication at all (service user)

• bastpg
      Subscriber

Hi -- we are already doing this, i.e. connections via 32958 through the firewall are already allowed. These are the errors in the RSM log:

[Error] [Tue Apr  7 15:12:26 2020] Logon as user guerin from machine 10.251.121.7 failed, Authentication failure.

[Error] [Tue Apr  7 15:12:26 2020] Cannot launch process because the current user is not recognized. Specify the user and password for remote

launch using the Options dialog.

By the way, is there a videoconferencing option on this forum? This would be much faster than back and forth posting.

Thanks -- Bastien

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.