Tagged: Discovery Live, fluids
July 10, 2019 at 12:05 pmrpalfieriSubscriber
I created a fluid flow analysis and saved the file. When I reopened the file, the analysis and boundary conditions are missing. The probes show up and are blank. When I try to create a new solution I get an error that the file is a lightweight.
July 10, 2019 at 7:58 pmBrian BuenoAnsys Employee
We haven't seen this particular problem before in Discovery Live. Are you able to open the file in SpaceClaim as just regular geometry?
If so, I would recommend saving a new version of the file and starting your Discovery Live analysis over.
If the model still opens as lightweight in SpaceClaim, you should be able to recover the geometry by doing the following:
- Locate the file in Windows
- Right click and rename the file. Change the extension from .scdoc to .zip
- Open the .zip file and browse to SpaceClaim > Geometry
- In that folder you should see several files with a .sab extension. Copy those files and paste them back to the main directory (outside of the .zip file)
- The .sab files are ACIS files which can be imported into SpaceClaim. The easiest way is to open SpaceClaim and then click and drag all the files into the main design window simultaneously
If you are unable to see the .scdoc or .zip extensions in the Windows folder, you will need to enable "known extensions" from the view options in the Windows folder
July 11, 2019 at 3:03 pmrpalfieriSubscriber
I have an unusual finding. If I open using File-Open, I get the same result as yesterday. I see the probes, but there are no BC's and I see the Create Solution option. If I open from the Recent Files selection, everything is good. The BC's and other items are available. This has happened on 2 models since yesterday.
July 11, 2019 at 3:05 pmrpalfieriSubscriber
I will also add that both models are fluid flow and have Parameter Studies in them so I don't know if that can be part of the issue.
July 11, 2019 at 7:28 pmBrian BuenoAnsys Employee
Are you able to send a file for me to test here?
July 11, 2019 at 8:14 pmrpalfieriSubscriber
Sure, can you send a link for me to upload to the ANSYS upload site? I'll try to send tonight, otherwise I'll be out until next Thursday.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Copy user settings to new release
- Electric Heating – Ansys AIM
- Unexpected graphics error
- loss of user settings
- Dwg export error
- Can’t see license on online account
- Natural frequencies limited to first 6 modes
- Discovery AIM Mesh Error
- problem to access on the spaceclaim help
- Unsymmetric result
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.