Fluids

Fluids

Cannot select solid species for particle surface reaction

• Jeroen
      Subscriber

I am trying to model a particle surface reaction and couple this to the discrete phase. My bulk species is a gas with 3 components, which I can add to the mixture template without any problems. However, now I also need to add the solids to this template because I am using the particle surface reaction model (selected within the species transport model).

The problem however is that I am unable to add any of the species as a solid (or even site species). I did the manual on modelling surface chemistry to check if I have been doing anything wrong, though when taking the exact same steps as in described in the manual I still cannot add the species as a solid.

As described, I have added the individual components as fluids (even the solids). Now I don't have any other ideas what might be causing this issue so some help would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jeroen

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      screenshots of species components panel and injection panel.
    • Jeroen
      Subscriber

As you can see from this last screenshot i cannot click the add button for the solid species. The materials have the properties of air and I only changed their names and chemical formula.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.