August 3, 2018 at 1:31 amasamaiyarSubscriber
The new Ansys Electronics Desktop (HFSS) license file we received for license server in our university does not have following features:
hfss_desktop, hfss_gui, hfssie_solve
Due to this, we are not able to use HFSS v15. And we heavily use HFSS v15 in our research group because:
1. It allows us to use direct solver with FE-BI
2. It allows us to use symmetry boundary with FE-BI
3. We have found it to be more robust for RSM calculations (Please check here for RSM issue with newer versions: https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/unable-to-distribute-interpolating-frequency-sweep-through-rsm-in-hfss-19-1/)
Please help us with accessing HFSS v15 with the new license version as it is critical for several things we do at our University.
University of Colorado Boulder
August 3, 2018 at 11:15 amANSYS_MMadoreAnsys Employee
We can no longer provide these legacy licenses. Should you wish to pursue this further, it would be best to reach out and discuss this with your ANSYS Account Manager. The new licensing will support versions 16.2 or newer. You will need to update to at least 16.2 at this time.
I believe as the ASC you should have access to the Customer Portal where you can review our policy on prior release support. This just enforces that we cannot support version 15.x when we are now 4 major releases ahead.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Error with workbench SceneGraphChart
- Workbench error
- Workbench not opening
- How can I renew ANSYS student version license?
- License Error
- Sizing on Ansys Workbench 19.2
- Error: Exception of type ‘Ansys.Fluent.Cortex.Cortex not availableException’ was thrown
- Licensing error while opening ANSYS Mechanical
- An error occurred when the post processor attempted to load a specific result.
- Problem with FlexNet Licensing
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.