Fluids

Fluids

Can’t achieve heat transfer

• moranlouie
      Subscriber

I have been dealing with this problem for some time now, and, after finally being able to create a solution with almost no errors, the simulator can't seem to create a meaningful temperature gradient:

• moranlouie
      Subscriber
      I experimented with the radiation intensity, the absorption/scattering coefficients of the materials, and values in the radiation tab in the boundary conditions. I found that, when messing with the radiation settings of the boundary conditions, anything beyond default settings causes fatal errors in the simulator, sometimes having to rebuild the simulation again. The absorption/scattering coefficients have little effect in the simulation, while increasing the radiation from 1,000 to 10,000 slightly increases temperature. I neglected to capture this, but I noticed the energy residual is the only line that failed to converged after 1,100 iterations. The simulation seems to create no fatal errors.nThe paper this is based on had conducted the same simulation on a non-Ansys program using the Monte Carlo RTE instead of DO RTE. It mentioned only the receiver absorbance, concentrator (dish) reflectance, and solar radiation intensity; as well as the geometry. So, I am wondering why I'm not getting the same results. These are the temperature gradients the paper was able to produce:nnThank you for your time!n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Can you plot temperature on a slice through the whole domain, like the second image but the whole model. n
    • moranlouie
      Subscriber
      The rest of the model has no domain, so here's the cavity and the dish for 10,000 W/m^2:nnIt's just red the whole way with no deviations:n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      You're trying to pass data from the flat screen to the collector system through a region with no mesh? n
    • moranlouie
      Subscriber
      Yes. The only tutorial I could find used two geometries with no connecting domain. I'm talking about this one here:
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.