General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Can’t add stress in the solution section of ACP(Post)

• Aledaponte85
      Subscriber

Hi,

I am simulating a wrapped pressure vessel using ACP (pre/post).The problem begins while being in the ACP (post) part. I created a failure criteria with out a problem. Then, when I go to the solution section to create the different graphs (strain, stress, failure etc.) I tried to create a strain or a stress graph but every time I obtained the same error message:

"Ansys acp post Assertion 'src.size() > 0' failed. MaxElementFilterPerItem (2): no data available."

I even made a planar simple model with all the same specifications as the original and with that one I don't have any problems. I tried to compare every part of the configuartions for material, solutions, supports etc. But, nothing. I can not find the source of this error.

Does anyone know how can I solve this?

Hope someone has the answer.

Kind regards to all

• April Wang
      Ansys Employee

Hi,

I haven't seen this error before.  One thing you can try is to go to Mechanical Solution and try use the Composite Failure Tool there to see if you can get some reasonable results there. This way we can rule out the possible problem from the model itself and also we can get some preliminary failure results. 

April

• Aledaponte85
      Subscriber

Hi April,

Thanks for the answer. As I could not find a solution I ended up doing what are suggesting and I having a lot of failure on the fibers, but a result at last. I will adress the problem with the model first and then try again.

Thanks for the support,

Alejandro

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.