September 28, 2017 at 2:21 amaws3rdSubscriber
I have problems with geometry here. I've already drew some 3D drawings in Autodesk Inventor 2018. Then I open the Fluid Simulation in AIM and tried to import the geometry, but it said that the 'CAD translator for this flie type was not found'. Then I take an initiative to import this first in Geometry AIM but it didn't works.
I know if it could some compatibility issues because I also use newest version of Autodesk Inventor.
So is there any fix for this? Or any step which I missed?
September 28, 2017 at 9:52 amVishal GanoreAnsys Employee
I am not sure whether your are using student version or any other academic product. Please convert your file into neutral IGES or STEP file format and then try importing. It should work.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- How to work with STL file?
- drawing a geometry by importing a table of points
- Parameters not imported into Workbench 18.2 from Solidworks/Inventor
- section plane
- material properties
- Cant import spaceclaim model into fluent mesher
- Missing faces on solid bodies
- Ansys Mechanical Unable to get model
- Importing drawing file to Ansys Design Modeler
- ANSYS FLUENT – Operation would result in non manifold bodies