Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Can’t install Ansys

• Annamt
      Subscriber

Hello, 

Due to the excepcional situation we are living because of COVID-19 I'm forced to study from home and also do the college projects from my computer, so I have tried many times to install the latest Ansys student version with no success, maybe my computer is not powerful enough.

When I have the files downloaded I extract them and run as an administrator the setup.exe file. Then the Instalation Manager appears, but when I start with the installation, a "critic error" window appears and the Installation Manager crashes, so I'm forced to close it. This happens every time I start the installation. I have tried to download the files with many different browsers, but the same happens. 

I would like to download an older version of Ansys to try to solve this problem, so I would like you to share a link to be able to access the download of one of these older versions.

Thank you,

Anna.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Anna,

Please post the screenshot of the error message inline with text. It should not fail like this just by systems performance you have on the machine.

Thanks,

Win

• Annamt
      Subscriber

Of course! 

This appears every time I try to install ansys on my computer.

Thanks, 

Anna

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Try temporarily disabling all of the anti-virus software including firewall on this machine , then re-try the installation

Also, check if you have enough disk space in C drive

Thanks,

Win

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

I've just realized that there are  a lot of people encountering this issue, which leads me to think there is something wrong with the installation file. Can you try re-download the installation file again ?

Please try re-download the installation package from the website again.

Thanks,

Win

• Annamt
      Subscriber

I have re-download the installation file but I have the same problem when I try to run the intallation. I have enough disk space in C drive and I have also disabled the anti-virus and firewall.

Thanks, 

Anna

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Try this, open CMD Prompt and issue the following command

move "%appdata%ansys" "%appdata%ansys.old"

Then, go to your installation package folder and open up the 'prereq' folder. Run all of these installers one-by-one and make sure they are all successful (note you can skip the MPI and opencl ones)

Thanks,

Win

• Annamt
      Subscriber

Hi tsiriaks, 

Finally I have been able to install Ansys thanks to your last post.

I really appreciate your help,

Anna.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Great ! Glad it finally works for you !

Thank you for the update.

Win

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.