Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Cant Install

• wokka7777
      Subscriber

Hi

Trying to install 19.1 Student version on Windows 7 SP1 x64 ( the PC has antivirus and netnanny disabled )

Main error I saw was this :  "The program cant start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-i1-1-0.dll is missing"

I downloaded the same package twice, had the exact same issue each time. I'm not allowed to upload files, so I have cut and paste into the window below :

>>>

>

ANSYS installation: Sun Sep 2 12:53:58 2018

Revision: Release 19.1

###### Error #######

Error executing configuration script 'C:UsersAdminAppDataLocalTempans_install_tmp6736configAnsConfigWB.tcl'

'"C:UsersAdminAppDataLocalTempans_install_tmp6736tclbinwinx64tclsh.exe" "C:UsersAdminAppDataLocalTempans_install_tmp6736configAnsConfigWB.tcl"  -installdir "C:ANSYS_STUDENT" -rev 191 -dotrev 19.1 -scripttosource "C:UsersAdminAppDataLocalTempans_install_tmp6736configConfigCommon.tcl" -sourcedir "C:UsersAdminAppDataLocalTempans_install_tmp6736" -os_lang en-us -install ' terminated after 1 attempts with the following error(s): 

Unknown error

Exit Code: 1

Graphics Driver Verification and Setup Error.

>>>

>

Also got this error when trying to start software :

"The program cant start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try re-installing the program to fix this problem"

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Go to this directory C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Studentv191prereq , then run every executable one-by-one with 'Run as administrator'

Then try to run setup.exe using 'Run as administrator'.

• wokka7777
      Subscriber

I followed those steps you laid out but no joy.

The fix was to install Win 7 x64  Service Pack 2 ( SP2 ), which seemed to fix it.

My PC was a fresh Win 7 with SP1 build, so clearly Ansys needs SP2 for it to work.

I have a Gigabyte dual screen video card with NVIDIA drivers which it seems to work OK with. I did install the Intel video drivers for rendering I think it was, but SP2 was the fix.

it seems to work fine. I fired Workbench up this morning.

If you follow the steps on this link all should be OK. The install of SP2 takes ages, and needs Windows Update Service running to be able to install SP2. 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-update/how-to-obtain-and-install-windows-7-sp2/c2c7009f-3a10-4199-9c89-48e1e883051e

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Glad you got it working. I am running ANSYS under Windows 7 Enterprise, SP1.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.