September 15, 2023 at 6:33 pmSAURAV GAUTAMSubscriber
I can't observe high oscillation in reflectance spectrum of TSV due to interference effect. In real experiment, To measure hole depth in a structure it's reflection is measured which has high frequency oscillations. The height can be measured by using DFT. I am not getting similar oscillation in simulation. The reflection spectra in lumerical simulation is very smooth. what could be the reason?
Image Source: A Hybrid Non-destructive Measuring Method of Three-dimensional Profile of Through Silicon Vias for Realization of Smart Devices
September 18, 2023 at 9:42 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Some times it can be difficult to compare experiment and simulation, in particular the material and geometry. Please refer to this post:
FDTD solves directly the Maxwell Equations. So it should give roughly the same physics, if not exactly the same due to discretization, and if the settings are correct and the device is exactly the same. So pleae carefully check your device and simulation settings.
September 18, 2023 at 11:56 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
One more thing: it seems their light source has limited coherent length, eg, partial coherent, like LED. Please confirm what light source they used in experiement.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.