Fluids

Fluids

Can’t see named boundary

• JustinCHAN
      Subscriber

I have named some boundary in mesh but I can't see the option of the boundary condition. I want to seek help.

• Nikhil Narale
      Ansys Employee
      Hello,

It looks like you have assigned the Named Selections but haven't updated the Mesh and the Fluent tasks in the workbench workflow. Try doing the following:
      1: After assigning Named Selection, update the mesh task.
      2: If the Fluent is opened, you will notice a green refresh button at the top left of the Fluent window. Click on it to refresh. Now you can the see the labels, that you have defined, in the boundary conditions.

I hope this helps.

Nikhil
    • JustinCHAN
      Subscriber
      Thanks for your help but now I cant select open channel flow, unlike R18.2 version. Can you teach me how to do it?

• Nikhil Narale
      Ansys Employee
      Hello,

You have to toggle the option in the 'Multiphase Model' settings under the VOF Sub-Models. Once you turn on the option from 'Multiphase Model' settings, 'Open Channel Wave BC' option will appear in the Boundary Conditions.

Nikhil
    • JustinCHAN
      Subscriber
      Thank you again @nnarale, but still I am stuck on the step here.
      I cannot set up the wave condition like R18.2 does. The "Wave group inputs" haven't pop-up when I select Multiphase in velocity inlet.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      What value did you add for gravity?
    • JustinCHAN
      Subscriber
      -9.81 m/s in Y axis
    • Nikhil Narale
      Ansys Employee
      Hello,

Please make sure that you have toggled on the 'Transient' option in General -> Time.
      Let me know if this works.

Nikhil
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.