General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Can’t see the deformation in the symmetric region.

Tagged: 

• prakhars962
      Subscriber

I was simulating a footing using symmetry. The right half is what I simulated and I can see the deformation. However, I can't see the deformation in the left symmetric part.

Is there anything I am missing?

• Govindan Nagappan
      Ansys Employee
      @prakhars962nnImage appears like you already have 2 half's displayed. If this is not expected, can you show the image of the model and a description of what is expectednnnIf you have symmetry in 2 directions see the example below, nmodel is symmetric about X and Z. So, set the type to cartesian, method to Half, enter a very small value of X & Znn
    • prakhars962
      Subscriber
      nI can't see the small indentation as a result of the deformation in the top- centre area in the both the symmetric parts.nThe indentation can be seen, only in the right part which I originally simulated.n
    • Govindan Nagappan
      Ansys Employee
      @prakhars962 nnTry changing the scale for result display and unit system to see if it makes a differencenAlso see if you can use the default legend. If it still doesnt work, consider using the APDL commands or APDL application for post processingnYou can use /expand command nSee example usage at 27.7. Results and Discussion (ansys.com)nn
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.