Fluids

Fluids

Can’t transfer thermal load results from Fluent to Mechanical

• mdvanden
      Subscriber

Hi all,

I'm trying to perform static structural on a solid part that has a specific thermal regime solution it got from Fluent. When trying to import body temperature load into mechanical I get a failed answer (red lightning) and a message saying :

--Error-- Unexpected end of file

--Error-- Required Variable 'Load Number on LOAD_NAME' does not exist

Seems to me like there is just an answer file missing or corrupt in the transfer. But I do get all my thermal results ok if I open Fluent...

Not sure what to do, if there is a bug somewhere?

Thanks, I'd appreciate any insight

• raul.raghav
      Subscriber
      Could you share the workbench archive (.wbpz) file so we could take a look at it?
    • mdvanden
      Subscriber

Hi Rahul,

Sure, it's a pretty big file though (~17GB), is there a way I could send/transfer it?

Also, I tried again now when I try to import the thermal load Mechanical just crashes. Any hints of what might be going on?

Thanks!

• raul.raghav
      Subscriber

Can you try exporting the Temperature data from CFD-Post and using the External Data module to import the data into Mechanical? Once you export the Temperature data from CFD-Post, check the following video on how to map the data:

Mapping by External Data system

• mdvanden
      Subscriber

So I realized that the bug was with Mechanical. I deleted the entire mechanical model and restarted, importing CFD results. This worked fine. 

Thanks for the help!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.