Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Can’t upload line geometry in ANSYS

• lee45
      Subscriber
      I am following the truss problem from the EdX Hands-on Introduction to Engineering Simulation course. We are supposed to create a line geometry in SpaceClaim and open the lines in Mechanical. I've read in other forums that line geometry needs to be converted to a surface using Pull or 3D Mode in order to open geometry in Mechanical, but the instructor was able to open his lines in Mechanical without creating a surface. When I try to follow his instructions (i.e. open the line structure in Mechanical with no surface) I get errors:n1. PlugIn Error: Failed to import assembly from SpaceClaim. No bodies to transfer.n2. Attach failed.nHow can I open just the lines in Mechanical without creating a surface? Please help!n
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      In SpaceClaim, after you draw the lines, you have to go to the Prepare tab, choose a cross-section for the beam and create a Beam from the line.nYou don't have to pull the line into a surface or a solid.nIf you have a solid beam, you can convert it to a Beam by using the Extract button on the Prepare tab.n
    • lee45
      Subscriber
      I selected prepare --> profile and created a circular beam but that did not resolve the issue. Is there something else I need to do? I tried extract and that did not do anything. I'm very new to ANSYS, any help is appreciated n
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      This discussion includes videos.nhttps://forum.ansys.com/discussion/687/bridge-building-in-spaceclaim-with-modal-and-harmonic-response-analysisn
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.