Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Capability ICEM CFD-MultiZone does not exist in the ANSYS licensing pool

• Mali
      Subscriber

Hi,

I'm trying to run an ICM script using ANSYS v17.1. The reason I'm using this version is that two years ago I developed this script using that version and it was working perfectly fine. However, now that I'm running the same script and nothing has changed since then except that I had to install the software in a new computer, it keeps showing me an error as shown in the attached picture. It seems to me that there is an issue with the licensing and/or installation process. Could somebody please help me to resolve this?

Regards,

• ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee

Hello Mali,

What are the licenses that are currently available from the license server?  Can you provide the details from using the Client ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility -> View Status/Diagnostic Options -> Display the License Status?  If you prefer, you can comment out specific server or user names in the output.

Are you able to run the tasks the script performs, manually?

Thank you,
      Matt

• Mali
      Subscriber

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately, I don't have administrative access to my machine, so can't find those details. However, I asked the person who is in charge. Still waiting for his input. 

Actually what I explained is the error when I am trying to run the task manually. If I'm running the script (calling Fieldmesher), it shows another error as the attached file.

I even checked the python script via python ide, and I found that the python code is not able to import "FMPyExtensionModule" which is a main line in the FiledMesher.py. So, first I assumed that there is something wrong with the PATH, but the system is able to import all other python DLL libraries except that one, although they are located in the same exact folder. Then, I tried to run it manually and got the licensing error.

Regards,

Mali

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Mali,

This steps 

Client ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility -> View Status/Diagnostic Options -> Display the License Status

provided by Matt do not require admin rights

Can you post the output of it ?

Thank you,

Win

• Mali
      Subscriber

Hi Win,

Thanks for your tip. Here it is:

*** [ADMIN] We've truncated this info. as it contains personal or other sensitive info about ports and users at your site. Please don't openly share such info in public. Request your site ASC to work directly with an ANSYS support engineer when you need to share such info. ***

Best

Mali

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Mali,

Open CMD Prompt, then 'cd' to

ANSYS IncShared FilesLicensingwinx64

then issue the following command (copy and paste the entire thing)

ansysli_util -checkout ICEM_MZ

what output do you get ?

Thank you,

Win

• Mali
      Subscriber

Sure. Here it is:

ANSYS LICENSE MANAGER ERROR : Capability ICEM CFD - MultiZone does not exist in the ANSYS licensing pool.

None of the products enabling this capability are available in the specified license path:

ANSYSLI_SERVERS: 2325@tyche.sens.buffalo.edu

FLEXlm Servers: 1095@tyche.sens.buffalo.edu

ICEM_MZ CHECKOUT FAILED

Best

Mali

• pgl
      Ansys Employee

Hi Mali, 

I've reviewed my local installation, and am not seeing any issue with checking out and using the Multizone method from within Workbench at 19.X. However, in your case, I suspect that you are trying to launch and use ICEM CFD in standalone mode?

Starting at approx. Release 15.0 we integrated ICEM CFD meshing methods directly into the ANSYS Meshing app within Workbench, and today ICEM CFD is a legacy product and workflow. The Multizone meshing method and others are now found within the ANSYS Meshing application. Could you adapt your workflow (and script) over to ANSYS Workbench? 

In the meantime, I suspect that all is well with your license and license manager installation. The issue is most likely that you haven't got the ICEM CFD stand alone application installed on your system. What do you get if you try to launch ICEM CFD directly from your command line (type icemcfd.exe) ? Can you find icemcfd.exe in your system?

Our experts have informed me that to call the ICEM_MZ mesher directly you will need to run ICEM CFD in batch mode (which I believe checks outs ICEM_AM) then you can call the required mesher. Use the following syntax: 

•  icemcfd.exe -batch -script scriptfile_name  with "scriptfile_name" containing the script to run prism, multizone etc. 

Let us know here how you get on. 

Also please note that I've edited down your earlier reply about the output of the server status, as it contains personal info. about your site deployment that we shouldn't be sharing on a public forum like this. 

• Mali
      Subscriber

I ran the script file, and it shows me the following error:

child process exited abnormally

ERROR: Import mesh failed

This error comes from python script. I tried to import meshing via python IDE. Ansys can be imported, but when I am trying to import meshing it gives me the following error:

>>> from Ansys import Meshing

trying to import FMPyExtensionModule FAILED (DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.)!

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "", line 1, in

File "C:Program FilesANSYS Incv171commonfilesCPython2_7_9winx64ReleaseAnsysMeshing__init__.py", line 16, in

import FieldMesher

File "C:Program FilesANSYS Incv171commonfilesCPython2_7_9winx64ReleaseAnsysMeshingFieldMesher.py", line 39, in

import FMPyExtensionModule

ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.