June 2, 2023 at 12:14 pmkrishnanunnira.20Subscriber
While simulating a p-i-n modulator in forward biased condition using a DC+ small signal ac signal, the capacitance value obtained is negative after a certain DC voltage and it will remain negative till some 20GHz frequency. Since capacitance cannot be negative what can I do to rectify the issue.
Capacitance value is calculated in the same way as that of a traveling wave modulator example in Lumerical.
Also how can I obtain the total resistance of the device in this case.
June 2, 2023 at 9:19 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
negative capactance: by definition it is the difference of charges over voltage, delta_Q/delta_v. It is possible to have positive and negative numerically. Proper choice of delta_c might be important.
you may refer this example for resistance https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042328774-Traveling-Wave-Mach-Zehnder-Modulator
as now you have voltage and current.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.