General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Cardiovascular stent – Boundary Conditions

• Korina
      Subscriber
      Hello, in the 1/8 stent model everything goes according to the tutorial and i get right results. When I tried to simulate the full stent model, i constrained the 8 faces of the edges of the stent on both sides, in order to prevent the motion in the axial and tangential direction. And I also used the deformation 0.3mm as in the tutorial. Is this constrain of the 8 faces right? Because in the lesson 9 of your tutorial I'm not sure I get the hint right.nnThank you in advance, nKorina Dedousi n
    • Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee
      nnCan you please point out the link to the lesson you are referring to?.Thanks,nAshish Khemkan
    • Korina
      Subscriber
      https://courses.ansys.com/index.php/courses/cardiovascular-stent/lessons/exercise-lesson-9/n
    • 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      ,nI don't think any constraint is needed for the edges of the stent. You could simply define the balloon deformation. Could you try this? There might be a chance that a rigid body error shows up, in that case change the contact from frictionless to no separation.nRegards,nIshan.n
    • Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee
      nnI have not looked at the problem yet but please try out Ishan's suggestion. It might help.nnRegards,nAshish Khemkan
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.