October 4, 2017 at 12:20 pmpglAnsys Employee
What is the cause of overshoot in contact pressure value for CZM?
October 17, 2017 at 9:40 amArunAnsys Employee
The overshoot in the value of contact pressure is due to artificial damping coefficient. Debonding is generally accompanied by convergence difficulties in the Newton-Raphson solution. Artificial damping is used to stabilize the numerical solution. In general a very small value of 1E-8 is used.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Large deflection
- Colors and Mesh Display