September 13, 2023 at 2:52 amHien DoanSubscriber
I'm running HFSS simulation for cavity with insert a bead inside the cavity volume.
I want to check response resonant frequencies of the cavity in the z-position of the bead.
However, the result does not seem as expected (one or two resonant frequencies are off from the overall distribution). I expect the resonant frequencies should follow the E-field distribution of the cavity without the bead. After increasing the number of mesh for the bead, I got similar result (one or two points are off from the general distributions). The off-points are random.
Could anyone please help me on this problem?
Many thanks and best regards,
September 13, 2023 at 11:47 amDMARATHEAnsys Employee
Thanks for posting your query on Ansys Learing Forum. I have few suggestions for you,
- Assign length based mesh operation on bead as well as on cavity surface/volume. HFSS provides way to see the generated mesh.
- Based on generated mesh with current settings, determine the geometries which require more mesh refinement.
- In solution setup, delta S which determines accuracy of solution, keep that value sufficiently low example 0.01 or 0.005 etc.
- Keep max number of adaptive passes equal to 20. However, these setting will increase simulation time.
- Try run with interpolating sweep and then change the sweep to decrete and, have sufficiently large number of points between sweep.
If you have acees to Ansys support, you can create a service requent and Ansys support Engineer willl connect with you to check the HFSS project settings.
September 14, 2023 at 2:04 amHien DoanSubscriber
Thanks for your response. I'll try it and let you know if the results get better or not.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Process ‘3dtds’ terminated abnormally
- Error while solving Optimetrics
- Concept of Interpolation Sweep in HFSS
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.