Fluids

Fluids

Cell volume or volume of cell or volume of element

• Subho
      Subscriber
      How to find cell volume or volume of cell or volume of element at any location inside fluid domain?nKind attentionn
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      Where do you want to use it? nPlease check help manual at followingnFor registersnAnd for UDF usage nRegards,nKeyurnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning ForumnHow to access ANSYS help linksnn
    • Subho
      Subscriber
      Thanks for your reply. I want to check volume of element highlighted as green. The selected element maybe anywhere in domain, may be at center. I come to know it is a variable but I am not finding any option in mesh module or fluent from where I know the volume of selected element.nn
    • Surya Deb
      Ansys Employee
      Hello, nOne way of doing this could be to make use of DEFINE_ON_DEMAND UDF.nIf you know the co-ordinates of the center of this cell, then you can check it inside the UDF when looped over all the cells.nIf it matches (or if it is very close if exact match is not possible), then you could use the macro C_VOLUME(c,t) to calculate the volume.nwhere c is the cell id and t the corresponding thread of that particular fluid cell.nRegards,nSuryan
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Just to add to Surya's comments - please do take a look at this link I shared here on this post. This should help. n

Kind attention @DrAmine @Robhttps://forum.ansys.com/discussion/20214/how-to-find-cell-volume-or-volume-of-cell-or-volume-of-element-at-any-location-inside-fluid-domain

Also, please do not create duplicate posts for the same question. This would avoid unnecessary confusion and help you obtain quicker answers. nThank you.nKarthikn
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.