July 18, 2022 at 4:15 pmJacob.bia3Subscriber
I'm doing a centrifugal pump cavitation on cfx server but i'm struggling to determine the boundary conditions for the cavitation case( i want to plot cavitation number with head).I have tried to run it with these boundary conditions:
Inlet: mass flow 5 kg/s.
Outlet: static pressure 300000 pa.
Inlet: mass flow 5.
Outlet: static pressure 1 atm.
The head in case 2 is bigger than case 1 which is not reasonable because cavitation number decreases.
July 18, 2022 at 5:49 pm
July 19, 2022 at 2:57 pmsamSubscriber
Good morning, Jacob,
Can you share your mesh setup if possible?
For the boundary, the inlet should be your massflow and the outlet pressure gauge should be 0 psi. If you have pressure at the outlet, then cavitation is expected to happen
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Heat transfer coefficient
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Floating point exception
- How to model free convection warming of liquid in a plastic bag